Friday, February 27, 2009

Baby Update!

I went to the doctor for my pre-natal check-up Tuesday morning, and after a scary morning, everything turned out fine. My appointment was at 8 am so I got there early so I could be one of the first ones back, and sure enough that strategy worked because I was the third person they called back. I was a little nervous about my weigh in because I do not get morning sickness, therefore I am just hungry all the time. Well to my amazement I had only gained .6lbs! Not even a whole pound! So I was happy about that. Then my next worry is my blood pressure. Well it was 128/68, which is fabulous! So the nurse said let's hear that heart beat then you will be on your way. So she lubricated my belly up and put the doppler on there and.....nothing. She told me she was not really good at this because she is usually a receptionist so she went to get the nurse practitioner. The first thing she did was lay me flat because at this point the nurse had my sitting up trying to find it. She takes over the doppler and.....nothing. So now I am starting to get worried. She tells me there is nothing to worry about though, because I had had an ultrasound my first visit so we knew there was a healthy baby growing already. Of course this did nothing to calm my nerves, especially when they went to get the doctor, who practically elevated me on my head and still couldn't find it. So off to ultrasound I go, with tears silently creeping out of the corner of my eyes. Then I have to sit in the waiting room for 25 MINUTES waiting to be called back. Finally this cute little tech comes and gets me and she gets me ready and puts the doppler on my belly and voila! We have a heartbeat! It was very strong at 167. I was so happy I just started bawling my eyes out. She said the baby was very active and the reason they probably couldn't find it was because the baby wouldn't stop moving so that made me feel a lot better! I just hope when I go back next month there won't be anymore drama!! I will post ultrasound pictures soon!

No comments: