Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birmingham Zoo





So my birthday was last Tuesday, St. Patrick's Day, and so I thought it would be fun to take the girls to the zoo. My mother-in-law agreed with me, so she, Matt's dad, his sister, and her three kids went to the zoo with us. I knew it was Spring Break and I knew Tuesdays were half off day, but Lord above I had no idea everybody else had the same idea! It was a mad house! Luckily we got there early and didn't have to compete with the afternoon crowd but I sure learned my lesson!!




They have added a few new attractions since we had been last, one being the camel ride. Cassidy is fearless so I knew she would want to do it. Madison, however, I was unsure of. She insisted she wanted to ride, stood in line for 5 minutes, then when they hoisted her on that bad boy she had a complete MELTDOWN!! I am such a bad mom, all I could think about was why didn't I have my camera available to capture that look on her face!!


This is another new exhibit, the kangaroos. I really liked this one myself. It seemed every time we would go they would always be hiding, but with the new area, you are within walking distance of them!


Our first stop was the reptiles, which Madison couldn't understand because she told us all she did not like snakes, but she went in anyway and even posed with this lizard!

No comments: